Blog comedy: Internet marketing made easy



Two men are in their favourite watering hole discussing the great issues of the day. Of course, the more modest issues of life take centre stage as always.

Mr. Codswallop: Have you considered internet marketing as a business?
Mr. Flapdoodle: You can sell the internet?
Mr. Codswallop: No. What I mean have you utilized the internet as a marketing vehicle?
Mr. Flapdoodle: Don't get me started on that.
Mr. Codswallop: You have unresolved issues with internet marketing?
Mr. Flapdoodle: No. I bought a used car on eBay once.
Mr. Codswallop: What sort of automobile did you acquire?
Mr. Flapdoodle: An old one that was a piece of junk.



Mr. Codswallop: Did you not examine the vehicle prior to placing your bid?
Mr. Flapdoodle: It looked newer and a lot better in the picture (see left).
Mr. Codswallop: I hope you didn't pay too much for that dreadful purchase.
Mr. Flapdoodle: I got it home and it never ran at all.
Mr. Codswallop: Perhaps you should report some negative feedback about the seller.
Mr. Flapdoodle: Well, I got negative feedback from the guys who stole it.
Mr. Codswallop: Why on earth would anyone pilfer such a deplorable machine?
Mr. Flapdoodle: It was the city council claiming it was a derelict.
Mr. Codswallop: Do you have any recourse?



Mr. Flapdoodle: They agreed to pay me for the salvage value. (see left)
Mr. Codswallop: I hope it was sufficient to prevent too much of a financial loss.
Mr. Flapdoodle: It sure was. They gave me double what I paid for it.
Mr. Codswallop: Then it all turned out well in the end.
Mr. Flapdoodle: When I think about it, maybe this internet business isn't so bad.
Mr. Codswallop: Many people are building successful internet based businesses.
Mr. Flapdoodle: Even I doubled my money on the internet.
Mr. Codswallop: If you could do it, then it can't be very difficult.
Mr. Flapdoodle: I just have to keep parking those cars where the city will tow them.
Mr. Codswallop: I would suggest not pushing your luck on that one.
Mr. Flapdoodle: Maybe I'll write about cars on eBay on my blog.
Mr. Codswallop: That might be a better plan after all.

Tags: , , , .

Archives