The Griff



The Griff written by Christopher Moore and Ian Corson is an unusual comic. I don't think I've ever read a comic where the artist was so thoroughly deemphasized, almost an afterthought. Check out the book's page at Harper Collins and Barnes & Noble - - Jennyson Rosero isn't even mentioned.

As I read the story I thought, this is less a comic, than a movie treatment. In the right hands it would probably make a solid movie - - a group of brave and attractive people struggle against an invasion force of space dragons and their mysterious masters. And sure enough, when I Googled "The Griff," I found this - - Moore and Corson originally wrote a screenplay based on the concept, and when Reign of Fire came out, shelved the idea until eventually turning it into this comic. The 160-page story, which I received as a review copy, is currently available for preorder for 34% off at B&N.

Archives