Auction sale time: Finding bargains

Auction sales are a favourite past time of mine as I have written previously. They are also part of my business purchasing plans. To maintain cash flow, I believe in purchasing vintage and antique items for the business.

Today, I spent an ejoyable day at a consignment antique and household sale. While some items at the sale brought market price, there were many good bargains to be found. Along with business shopping, I bought some fun articles too.

Life is not all business, right?

Last weekend, at another consignment auction sale, I was able to purchase a nicely finished maple dining room table for $5.00 (all prices Canadian) on one lone bid. I use a very similar table for my computer desk. I also bought a complete set of Ridgway China Heritage pattern at the sale for $12.50 on two bids.

Today was prosperous for sale buyers as well, as long as a person was careful in the bidding process. For example, I bought an irradescent glass cake service set for four people at the monumental figure of $1.00 cash. The set included a metal pedastal glass cake plate, four cake plates with cup spaces, and four cups. The set changes colours in the light, and is quite pretty.

I also bought one five piece place setting of Noritake china, Virtue pattern for one bid of $2.00 as no one was looking to purchase china at that moment. It's completely crack and spider web clean as well. I like it a lot.

Business furniture buyers could have purchased a single pedastal oak desk for $1.00 as the desk had a bad coat of paint. A bit of a paint stripping effort and the desk would be very usable in a home office or small business setting. I already have enough desks so it was of little value for me. The same problem existed for a French Provincial style sofa. It brought $1.00 as well, but I have no space for it.

Many other furniture pieces and items that had office value were sold for less than $20.00, with many consignments not bringing $10.00 in bids. Many very nice chairs brought less than $5.00 each, for example. There were bargains galore if one was careful.

As you can see, auction sales offer some tremendous buying opportunities for very little cash outlay. With some close inspections of the items on offer, and maintaining discipline to not make frivolous purchases, many small business requirements can be filled. With low priced articles, a business owner can maintain cash flow while adding much needed items.

Keep an eye on local auction sales and maintain your business cash flow for other business obligations. Purchasing at auction should become part of your business management decision making process. Think vintage, and save.

Auction sales will help your business dollars stretch farther.

Tags: , , , .

Archives