Blog overhaul: Updating my blog

Blog overhaul time here.

As my readers are aware, there are many blog rebuilds, revamps, and overhauls going on around the blogosphere. There are so many that it's impossible to list all of them. Many bloggers are updating by adding new photographs to their blog, the better to know your blog friends. Right?

Over time, my blog has become a bit of a template nightmare gone Elm Street. The template I've been using is one that Blogger has offered for three years. When I first used it, there were no comments available through Blogger, and almost everything had to be hand coded. Third party code additions were made as well.

It has become necessary for me to upgrade to a newer version of the same template. It's sort of a way station on the road to a better overall blog. I think of it as steps on journey. Sometimes you have to use bridges or detours to reach your destination. In this case, a stopgap blog template will be applied.

I don't know what day the official change will take place, but you should be able to recognize a few subtle changes. Nothing drastic will happen in the way of a new template for awhile. Think of it more like a change of socks for this blog.

In the meantime, I hope that I don't lose any of my links or third party additions. I would really like to avoid having to reconstruct them all from scratch. I'll be copying the old template into several locations as a backup, with a redundant backup, just in case of major calamity.

It may be a few days before you notice any differences. After all, I'll have to give the replacement template a test drive before placing it live on the blogosphere.

Wish me luck.

I'll be needing it.

Tags: , , , .

Archives