Blogging the blog makeover

Day one of the blog makeover process was one of experimentation. Like many chemistry lab experiments, the outcome was more than one major explosion. There are probably still some pieces of my blog template floating in the nether regions and obscure recesses of cyberspace.

It was back to the drawing board more than once, as a result. As you have already noticed, I haven't made any changes that are visible to the naked eye. For that matter, any of the preferred alterations are still awaiting their additions to the system.

Maybe some day.

The templates that Blogger offers its users are often lacking in the robust needs of the blog user. For example, the templates don't offer trackback capability. That important function must be added as a third party feature. Blogger's off the rack templates require many workarounds, and some of the templates need much more than others.

I am giving serious consideration to shopping around the internet for other template options. I may even try some other avenues of blogging goodness, in an attempt at improvements.

Since these changes are going to take some time, I'll blog the process as I travel the paths of glory. At the end of the journey, a new blog will emerge. Or not. In any case, the exploration of blog appearance changes is fun, and presents a unique challenge to the blogger. So...even if I keep the same old look, at least I'll have considered other options.

Thanks to the commenters and e-mail senders of well wishes on my blog template changes. I hope I don't disappoint you.

In the meantime, back to my regularly scheduled blogging, and leave the template changes for another day.

The blog overhaul continues...

Tags: , , , .

Archives