Diva Marketing Blog introduces Blogger Stories



My good friend Toby Bloomberg (shown in photo left) of the wonderful Diva Marketing Blog is a constant source of new and innovative ideas for blogs in business and professions; and in your personal life.

As a leading blog consultant, Toby is always searching for exciting new and creative uses for blogs in general, and business blogs in particular. Her latest blogging communications concept is called Blogger Stories.

The principle behind Blogger Stories is letting bloggers tell of their own blog journey in their own words. For many people, both in business and in other walks of life, blogging has indeed been a life and world changing experience. Toby Bloomberg wants bloggers to share those voyages of blogging discovery with others.

Toby describes the blog's mission this way:

Welcome to Blogger Stories - a slightly different kind of blog. For me the heart of the blogosphere is two-fold. It is the people behind millions of posts created every day. It is also the people who read those posts.

Along the way of writing and reading blogs something interesting often happens. Lives are touched. Sometimes lives are changed. The influence of blogs can be major .. a new career, a support system, a friendship. Or minor .. an idea, a giggle, a recipe.




The first entry into the Blogger Stories arena is by leading blogger and author Shel Israel (pictured left) of Naked Conversations.








Shel Israel's Blogger Story begins:

Blogger Story Teller: Shel Israel, Naked Conversations

When people ask me how Robert Scoble and I came together to collaborate on Naked Conversations my short answer is that I was desperate. They’re sure I’m joking, but I’m not.

I had been a journalist and loved everything about it, except the vow of poverty it required. I figured I’d just do PR for a few years until I could buy a new car and live in an apartment that had a spare bedroom.

I had been a journalist and loved everything about it, except the vow of poverty it required. I figured I’d just do PR for a few years until I could buy a new car and live in an apartment that had a spare bedroom.

Years went by. In the 70s, the sidebars sideburns cultivated in my college days receded. In the 80s much of the rest of the hair followed. I kept vowing I’d get back but I was good at PR. I was good for a few reasons, but I think the main part was that I thought like a reporter. I thought in stories. I saw the editors as my customers. The clients they were the just manufacturers who had a byproduct of news. I simply never considered lying to or misleading an editor. My reputation was what I had. Clients came and went but the editors were the constants.


Continue reading Shel's story here.

To become involved with Blogger Stories and to send your story, Toby tells us how:

So ... what's your story? Drop me an email at [bloggerstories at yahoo dot com] with:

blog and url (if appropriate)
your name (first is okay)
if your story is personal or business related
your bloggy story please limit to 500 words or less


Get those keyboards clicking and write your own blogger story today.

Tags: , , , .

Archives