Used book sales: Buying knowledge



As I alluded to yesterday, I like to attend used book sales. I attend many of them, as a matter of fact, and today was no different. The local public library was selling some books and I was there with purchases in mind. After all, I wouldn't want to attend an event like that and not buy something.

In fact, I bought a large stack of books. Make that three boxes full of volumes for reading and for study. Of course, they weren't all for me. I bought about a dozen or so crafts books for my Mom. They ranged from knitting and sewing to heraldic coats of arms. I got my brother some science and woodworking books for his handy work enjoyment.



Among the books were history, geography, politics, some classic novels; and a large number of business books. I targeted that section heavily, and was well rewarded for my efforts. To list all of the purchased volumes here would be impossible, but needless to say, I was happy with my day's haul.

I recommend buying both new and used books to all of my readers. Today, I simply followed my own advice, and contributed heavily to my own personal home library. the book sale timing worked well in conjuntion with my current series on purchasing books, both new and used.

Now, I just have to get around to doing some heavy reading. If the weight of the book boxes is any measure of the reading quality, some real knowledge definitely followed me home.

I'll keep you informed on my reading progress, and I might even post some book reviews of some of the newer better known books. I do have some reviews of some new books scheduled for the near future as well. You won't want to miss them, as there are a few very high quality titles under consideration.

Tags: , , , .

Archives