Blogiversaries: Blog Business World turns three



My business blogging career here at Blog Business World is now three years old. Having started this blog in late 2003, blogging was at that time, a new innovation in business communication. To a large degree blogging is still not a mainstream business activity, but there are signs of change on the blogosphere horizon.

These three years of business blogging, and half of a year of roller derby blogging before that, have witnessed sea changes in attituded. In the world of blogging in general, and business blogs in particular, blogs have become an integral part of interpersonal internet based communication.



Gone are those early days when almost no one had heard of blogs of any sort. The very term "blog", conjured up visions of angst ridden teenagers, writing personal blogs as diaries for themselves and a close circle of friends. While many people still believe that the personal blog is all that exists, more and more internet users are embracing blogs for an infinite number of purposes.

When I started blogging, my goal was to provide information to others about marketing, public relations, search engine optimization SEO, and about blogging in general. Little did I suspect that I would be building relationships with people whom I would never have met in any other way. I have built wonderful friendships with business and non-business people all over the world. Literally. Most other bloggers have discovered the same wonderful result.

I look at it this way.

If I never found any business, made any money, or expanded into other ventures including Blog Business Success Radio, the friendships I have built made all of the posts worthwhile. I am now enjoying the pleasure of interviewing the very people I met through blogging via the medium of internet radio. In the end, helping people and sharing your life with others is what really matters. I hope I have succeeded.

blog radio

Of course, blogging truly worked for my business.

Blogging for three years has improved my writing skills as well. My blog has also landed me more freelance writing jobs than I had contracted in the past. Those writing jobs, combined with the blog, have also enhanced my SEO business. In several cases, the link is direct and precise. The articles and blog were the cited reasons for contracting with me. Without a blog, that would not be possible.

Blogs work, and I can say that from personal experience. Don't take my word on it, though, or even my three years of blog posts. Talk to other bloggers, and they may have had even more dramatic results.

Blogging is all about starting a conversation with others.

Those conversations usually lead to other wonderful events in your life.

Tags: , , , .

Archives