Blogging the new Blogger

Blogger made a number of improvements to its control panel for posting.

 

I have been playing with some of the features.



I know. You say I need to get a life. Well...

 

I blog, therefore I...well...blog.

 

There is a change of text colours feature that seems interesting enough for those moments when crayons are a craving.

 

I can right justify the wording, into nice neat and tidy rows, for those days when only the straightest of ruler like efforts will suffice. As with most of the additional new goodies, they take a bit of getting into the Blogger mindset. Most of them require doing later, rather than at the same time.
 
It will block quote some quotes. I love redundancies like that one. It makes adding statements from other bloggers that much easier on the readers' eyes.
 
I'll let you know how Blogger's new features work for me or if I will have no option but to tear my hair out. The users of many of the other popular blogging systems have already had most of these options available. It's taken Blogger awhile to catch up to the competition.
 
Of course, I stuck with Blogger, simply for the challenge of the workarounds. Even then, I had to rely upon the generous assistance from Jeremy Wright of Ensight to help with my coding.
 
I have used the new Blogger toys in both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 6. They don't work with Internet Explorer 5.
 
I checked!
 
Maybe some day, I'll upload a photo with the photo thingie.
 

 

 

 

 

Archives