Blogging at Canadian Association of Journalists Conference

The Canadian Association of Journalists held its CAJ Conference 2005 this weekend in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

The three day CAJ Annual Conference began on Friday, May 13 at the historic Fort Garry Hotel.

I was honoured to be part of a panel discussion on blogging.

The session was titled "Blogging - How the computer has reshaped news coverage".

The panelists included Saleem Kahn of Metro News in Toronto; well known award winning blogger Hosein Durakshan of Editor: Myself, and me from Blog Business World.

Saleem Kahn and Hosein Durakshan are both very knowledgeable about blogs and blogging. Saleem has extensive experience with blogs and the media. Hosein has considerable experience with international blogging, and blogs in languages other than English.

I was impressed with both individuals and their depth of knowledge and committment to blogging. I was even more impressed with their willingness to share that experience and excitement about blogs with others.

My position on the panel ranged from answering basic and technical questions about blogging, to providing insights into how business blogs have helped raise company, entrepreneur, and executive profiles in the media.

As we are all aware, business blogs are often read by journalists seeking information on a company. Business blogs are also perused by reporters looking for sources of expert opinion on a subject.

As a result of our panel discussion on blogging, many Canadian journalists who were unaware of the growing blog influence, learned how blogs can improve and expand the relations between business and the media. Several journalists expressed some real excitement about blogs and even mentioned starting a blog themselves.

Many of the journalists will definitely be paying closer attention to the many RSS feeds provided by bloggers.

As with all conferences, the best part was meeting new and interesting people. I made some great new contacts within the Canadian news media.

I also talked with two people about having me present blogging seminars for students in Continuing Education, and in college business and journalism programs.

Now that sounds exciting!

I am always very happy to discuss the power of blogs and blogging with any group.

I'll always make myself available to talk about how business blogs can benefit a company, whether large or small; blogging, public relations, and the media; blogs as a tool for SEO; business blogs and marketing; and any other blogging or SEO related topic.

If anyone wants me as a speaker on any of those topics, simply send me an e-mail at:

blogbusinessworld@yahoo.com

I'll get right back to you, and we can set something up for your group.

Let's talk blogging!

Tags: , , , .

Archives