Blog links lists and blogrolls: Discoveries

Have you ever looked at the number of outgoing links most blogs display?



Whether placed in a long unsorted list (like mine!) or divided into related sections, most blogs have lots of outgoing links.



I often enjoy exploring other bloggers' lists of favourite places. Some delightful discoveries can be made along the way.



When you first see the list of links, it's fairly intimidating. There is the title of a completely unknown blog, and nothing more. Rarely is any information about blog link content given, outside of the main blog posts. The content behind the blog title is like a strange unexplored land.



What lies byond that mouse click?



The only way to find out, is to surf on over!



I have discovered and read some very interesting, and I suppose some not really my cup of tea blogs, in my travels. My preferred method is to check the links, on my regular reads, for blogs I have yet to find. I click over to that blog, and do the same thing randomly from that person's list.



Sometimes the "six degrees of separation" theory returns you to your starting point!



The excitement is often more in the discovery, than the reading itself. As a result of my wanderings, through these strange and exotic locales, I have found a few real gems.



More than a few, actually!



I like to think friends of other bloggers are my not yet discovered friends too.



While it would take too long to name even a few here, and your tastes may vary from mine, I'll leave the voyages of discovery up to you.



Stange blogs are no longer unknowns after you visit them; even one time.



You may want to link to them, and return again and again.



Other blog surfers can find the blog, from your blog links and blogrolls, as a result of your journey of exploration.

Archives