Talking with clients

Business blogs are all about communications and conversations.



Developing a dialogue with current and future customers and clients builds a relationship based on familiarity and trust.



Sometimes, even lasting friendships are the result of a business blogging converstaion.



A successful business blog blends information with details about the writer's personal lives. Some bloggers mix the business and personal better than others.



I admit to being more heavily biased toward the information side, and much less to the personal side of life. It's clearly a weakness of my blogging technique. I want to help others with information, and neglect following my own advice.



As the phrase goes, "Physician heal thyself".



Of course, I safely ignore that advice because it was probably given just prior to a blood letting, or some similar quackery passing itself off as healing.



I thought of the personal side of business over the last couple of days when I was talking on the phone to a couple of SEO clients. I thought of how I could turn esoteric discussions of Google PageRank, SERPs, and the alleged Google Sandbox Filter into a blogging topic.



Well, the truth is, the basic phone conversations didn't really lend themselves to a column on business blogs; or the personal side thereof.



I always wanted to write "thereof" in a post. There was my chance. I am a happy man now.



I know. Small things amuse me. At least I'm easy to keep satisfied in life.



Anyway. I did discuss business blogging with my clients as a powerful SEO tool.



One of my SEO clients is quite far along, in the process of establishing a business blog, and is devouring all of the information he can on the subject.



He should be up and running in the near future, striking another blow for the power of blogging.



Another client I spoke with on Monday is not quite so far along in the transition from traditional website to website plus blog component. Of course, that client is not quite as far advanced in the SEO process either, and will need a bit more time.



The point of all of this digression and rambling is not every business is at the same point in their internet evolution.



Some companies are still recent additions to the world wide web, while others can trace their presence back to the early days of the internet. The client I spoke with today recalled some really old school internet concepts.



As business blogs go, some businesses are going to be more readily poised to adopt a blog component for their company immediately.



Other companies are going to take a bit longer to get up to speed.



Fortunately, I can point my clients to many tremendous business bloggers for information; and for inspiration.



With the rich motherlode of blogging resources currently available, the opportunity to find great blog development advice grows on a daily basis.



As the blog resource base multiplies, more new bloggers can find any needed information quickly and efficiently.



Okay, you ask, when am I going to discuss some personal aspects.



Well, maybe in another column.



I am always too busy dispensing blogging information and advice.

Archives