Business blogs: A recommendation

Business blogs.



I talk about them on this blog all of the time.



I post on various message boards about the advantages of blogs for business and for non-profit organizations.



I also write articles about business blogs, along with other search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing features, at SEO Chat.



That is only part of the story.



As many of my long time readers know, I am a freelance writer. Writing articles is something I do a great amount, and I enjoy it.



Freelance writing is an opportunity to unite a hobby, a passion, and an income all into one neat little package. It really should have ribbon and a nice bow. Perhaps some of my readers might supply them for me.



Another one of my professions, which I discuss but rarely talk about except in passing, is search engine optimzation and search engine marketing.



In effect, I help people's websites gain higher rankings on the search engines. That improved search placement for their most important keywords provides a business site with much better visibility.



You can't sell much online if no one can find your website.



I also assist the business with online marketing, to convert the resulting visitor traffic, into paying customers. Traffic numbers are great, but a few more dollars from sales is even better.



One of the techniques I recommend to all of my search engine optimization and marketing clients is to add a blog to their site.



A business blog is simply the fastest way to gain that important visibility.



Websites that feature a blog component, rise much more quickly in the search engines, like Google, Yahoo, and MSN Search, than they did before. In fact, sites will a business blog, as part of the content, will very often rank higher than a large well financed site.



For those lacking the funds, to run with the big dogs, a business blog is a great equalizer.



The high number of links, which are a hallmark of blogs, is very important to the search engine placement calculations. Blogs also provide another much sought after advantage for high search engine placements, in the form of regular fresh content.



The search engine's computerized formula, to decide what site will be on which page, is called an algorithm. There is nothing magical about it, as it's all mathematics.



The program in the algorithm is written to give high value to incoming links and to fresh keyword rich content. As we all know, blogs provide both of those features, as major parts of what makes them blogs.



I think the writer of the search engine calculation algorithm was a blogger. The formula certainly looks like it was written with blogs in mind. Oops, I think we might have let one of their closely guarded secrets out of the bag.



Blogs work wonders in the search engines.



Because of that powerful advantage, I recommend blogs, freely and openly, to all of me search engine optimization and internet marketing clients.



Now, I'm suggesting...no, I'm strongly advising, that that your business add a blog component too.



Get on the leading edge of internet marketing, public relations, and search engine optimization.



Get a blog.









Archives