Where was I anyway?

For those of you who were seeking your daily semi-wisdomic (is that word?) words of inspiration from Blog Business World, I was not on the internet.



I was having major modem problems. It wasn't painful so much as it was frustrating. I wanted to write a blog post, whose topic I have now forgotten and never had the presence of mind to write down.



Oh well.



I am back on "high speed" dialup until they can rectify the problem next week. I get a service call next week to install a new ethernet card, to make the dsl modem work.



I talked to two different tech support people at my ISP and got two different answers. They were so different, in fact, that they were actually contradictory.



Tech guy one said to do A and not B.



Tech guy two said the opposite.



I like their mixed messages. Hooray for modern employee training methods!



Probably my old and dusty computer is killing off their modern modem technology.



I guess that would be a new form of virus.



Techno-bug.



Anyway, I am almost back to being beind in my internet work.



I might even have a column idea.



If only I remembered to make a note to myself, to write my ideas on a piece of paper, which I would probably promptly lose anyway.

Archives