One of those blogging days

Have you ever had one of those blogging days?



You know the ones.



They are the days, when blogging can substitute for every profanity known to humanity, since people decided it was more fun to walk upright.



As in...everything I touch turns to blogging.



Well...maybe that wasn't the greatest example.



Anyway.



It usually happens when your day starts off on the wrong foot, which can literally happen if you stub your toe or something. After that, things really go downhill in a hurry.



Nothing in your job or business seems to go right, or even a reasonable facsimile thereof. By way of digression, does anyone ever really mail away "a reasonable facsimile thereof" to a contest?



Like I said, it was a digression. I like to take those stream of consciousness tours once in awahile. They are especially helpful on days when things are going less well than expected. Even then, I got a ton of work done for two different clients, wrote part of an article, and posted on some message forums.



Hey, that's a slow day for me.



Yes, I know. All work and no play, and be sure not to stub your toe, and all of that.



A really bad thing that can happen to a blogger is losing a post. Don't worry. It sort of ties in with the general theme of the posting. I think. I warned you I was into digressions today.



Have you ever written a tremendous masterpiece of a post into the little posting box and had it disappear. I have experienced that traumatic turn of events first hand. It can occur for any number of reasons.



None of them good.



In the case of lost posts, I recommend not trying to reconstruct them at the time. What I do, and unfortunately have done, is to write the topic down, and write it again another day.



Don't try to use that topic again, on the day of its tragic disappearance into the great void of cyberspace (talk about your overblown metaphor). Instead, write on an entirely different topic. You will do a much better job, and perhaps create an even better post.



The set aside post will be useful for another day. After a couple of days of thought and general rumination, the post usually is better than the original that was lost to that great metaphor of bitten bytes. I know. I'm doing it again.



Don't worry if you have a bad day. Most bloggers use those less than stellar calendar moments as fodder for their posts. In fact, some of the best posts ever written were a result of an unmitigated disaster.



Imagine being a blogger on the Titanic.



Now that was a really bad day.







Archives