Comments on commenters

Blog comments.



Most bloggers have one on their blog.



Many bloggers post comments on other people's blogs.



Blog comments are a fact of blogging life for most bloggers. Not many people really give comments much, if any thought.



Well, it's time that you did.



Comments are extremely valuable for feedback from your readers. Their thoughts are important for letting you know if a post was interesting or informative.



Or not.



Popular posts, that get many comments, are guaranteed winners for posting topics for the future. Write them down. Store them away. They are gold.



If your readers are that interested in any blogging topic, be sure to write about it more often. You would never know about it without a blog commenting system.



I like to post comments on many of the blogs that I visit on a regular basis. I don't mind making that all important initial comment either. Many people are understandably cautious and shy about writing that first message.



Don't be.



After your comment message is posted, several others will follow almost immediately afterwards. They were all waiting for you to take the first step.



Doesn't it feel great to be a leader!



I like to post a response to all of the comments I receive. I think it's polite and helps to stimulate new responses.



Sometimes, I forget, and need a nudge. That's fine too. I don't mind critics. In fact, I welcome them. How else can I find out if my readers like what I write for them?



I have met many wonderful people through blogging. Quite a few of them were a direc result of commenting on their blogs. Often, I would receive an e-mail from the blogger thanking me for the comment.



Many of the people who e-mailed me about my comments on their blogs are good friends of mine today.



Receiving comments on the blog, or by e-mail is certain to brighten any blogger's day.



It certainly makes me feel great.



I'm sure it does wonders for your spirits as well.



Write those comments when you visit a blog.



They are are always appreciated.



You might even make a few new blogging friends.

Archives