Random thoughts on blogs and business

Blogs and random thoughts.



Could there be any worse concept!



Especially for a business blog.



I've been busily providing so much information this week that I decided to play hooky for once.



Instead of writing a substantive and informative business blogging post, I thought I'd take the easy way out and write some randomness, just for the fun of it.



After all, if you thrilled to avoiding bad linking partners, and drooled over the idea converting your visitors into customers, you've arrived at the right place.



An oasis is needed after all of that desert of dry reading.



It's always said, and even by me in my more introspective moments, that blogs need a personal touch. Getting in conversations with your readers, not only makes your blog more interesting, but your ideas more accessible.



If your readers get some picture and idea of the person behind the keyboard, your thoughts expressed in your posts will be more readily accepted.



Of course, I am largely guilty of not following my own advice. I'm usually to preoccupied with helping all of you with achieving your blogging goals, that I neglect personalizing my own blog.



Physician heal thyself!



Well, let's search for some good usable excuses first. You see, it was like this. The dog ate my homework. Okay, that one is used a bit too often. Not having a dog at the moment doesn't give it much credibility either.



I'll search around for another excuse...I mean logical and rational explanation. As you know, in real life, anything can happen. When dreaming up fiction and excuses, they have to make sense and be half way believable.



How am I doing so far?



You've already clicked away to the blogs on my Resources list?



That's okay. They are all great blogs for your reading enjoyment. You are making a great choice by reading any of them.



It's time for a brief digression.



In business news, I added a couple of great new websites to my search engine optimization (SEO) business. I am very fussy about what websites I consider in my business.



I only accept one site from any business sector. That way, I have no conflicts of interest, and the site gets the full attention for its most important search terms. It would be unfair, in my opinion, to have two competing sites in the same industry.



One thing I look for in a new client is the staff behind the site. I care about the people. If they are great to talk to on the phone, and genuinely interested in good above board SEO, they are people I want to work with for a long time.



In the SEO field, a professional becomes almost like a part of the business. The content and search engine positioning of the website is only part of the equation. Knowing and understanding the business's goals and objectives are equally important. After all, I'll be working with them, and their website, for a long time.



I believe in personalized service and I talk to, and e-mail with my clients very frequently. By providing first class customer service, I believe I fill a strong business niche in the SEO field.



Along with search engine optimization advice, I also assist my clients with search engine and other online internet marketing. It's a full service package.



Okay, I've bored you to tears by talking about my professional life and business.



It's fine to yawn.



Just don't tell me you did.



Archives