Business Blogging Awards: Named as Judge

Well, I had to open my big mouth; or rather tap on my overly worked keyboard.



I had railed and ranted and generally was upset that no business awards events featured any sort of recognition for business blogs.



There are people who believe that blog awards are a meaningless and pointless exercise in popularity and self gratification. In many cases, they are absolutely correct.



On the other hand, awards and other ego boosting exercises (for the negative), and recognition and publicity for the writer and their blogs (for the positives), are not gpoing away anytime soon.



Awards ahows appear to be multiplying rather than diminishing in numbers.



Anyway, that was a bit of a long digression. Well, I like to write long posts, and digressions are us, so there it is.



The blogging tag team of Jeremy Wright of Ensight and Darren Barefoot of DarrenBarefoot.com need no introduction. They are too busy dreaming up ideas and making them happen to take a bow anyway.



Instead of bowing, waving, smiling and nodding, Jeremy and Darren have created The 2005 Business Blogging Awards.



The Awards are brought to you by Jeremy's and Darren's InsideBlogging.



Since I mentioned the idea in passing, or some such foolishness on my part, I have now been named a Judge for the event.



Yes, I agree. There must have been some mistake!



Fortunately for me, there are other Judges in the event; all of whom are extremely capable, and able to judiciously sort out the best of business blogging.



The other Judges are:



Jeffrey Phillips Thinking Faster

Jim Kukral BlogKits

Mick Stanic SplaTT's Weblog

Duncan Riley The Blog Herald



It's a bit disappointing that there are no women bloggers as Judges.



Well, since I am now a Judge, I guess I should get some robes and a gavel.



Okay, maybe not.



Anyway, bring on the business blogs!



Archives