Are bloggers in competition?

The question has arisen lately about whether bloggers, and specifically business bloggers, are in competition with one another.



Rick Bruner of the fast rising and high quality Business Blog Consulting recently posed that question.



He wanted to know if my business blog is a "competitor" for his blog.



The answer, in my opinion, is a resounding NO.



I am not in competition with other business bloggers at all.



There is an entire world of potential customers and clients available. There is more than enough to go around, many times over.



I derive income from freelance writing of articles, copywriting, press releases, editing, and that sort of thing.



I also provide search engine optimization (SEO) services to website owners, who want to rise higher in Google, Yahoo, MSN Search, AOL Search, Teoma, and other search engines.



I am certainly not in competition for business with anyone in the blogging community.



In fact, I happily provide free and easily accessible information on

blog marketing, promotions, directories, and SEO to every blogger on the internet.



All you have to do is read my posts.



I don't believe that bloggers should ever consider themselves competitors, in the zero sum game of what one person gains, the other person loses.



We members of the blogosphere, have so much more to gain, by working together and helping one another.



We should help one another do better, financially and socially, in either our businesses or our careers. We can help one another add more blog visitor traffic.



We often become friends with other bloggers.



I have done that.



I, for one, am not in competition with any other business bloggers.



In fact, I want to assist other bloggers, of all types and subject matter, in attracting more readers to their blogs.



My goal is to help them them grow their businesses and readership, not take business away.



I believe in cooperation and working together.



In the long run, we'll all achieve our goals more easily that way.



And become friends too.



Archives