Business blogs: Add your personality

For me to suggest adding personality to your business blog, is to provide a different type of post, than one I normally write.



I am certainly part of that great rift that allegedly exists between personal online journals and diaries on the one hand, and business and technology related blogs on the other.



If anything, I'm guilty of being heavy on the theory and information, and light on the stories of my daily life.



It seems I'm not the only business blogger, who may be offering fewer personal "I" "Me" type posts, than many readers would maybe like to read.



Jennifer Rice, at the very knowledgeable and informative new business blog about branding,

What's Your Brand Mantra seems to be having the same discussion.



She says:



"And as I read back through this post, I realize that I've been writing for too many years with my business hat on... I think I've forgotten how to be quirky! Bear with me, this will be an evolution..."



Thanks to my friend Darren Rowse at Living Room for the link.



I have added What's Your Brand Mantra to my Resources list. I will want to follow Jennifer's posts about her efforts to provide "quirky", along with information about branding.



I can understand her dilemma. In a business blog post, we want to provide as much information on business blogs as we are able. In many cases, that often means sacrificing personal tales for hard information.



I like to think that people read my blog for knowledge and help with their business blogs.



On the other hand, there may be some ways to combine the two blogging styles into a new "third way". Perhaps some experimentation is in order.



If any of you have any thoughts on the matter, feel free to e-mail me at:



blogbusinessworld@yahoo.com



Let me know what you think.



I read and answer all of my e-mail.

Archives