Computer problems and antiques

Computer problems are never pleasant.



I have been having quite a few of them.



Well, actually, I had a ton of them.



I was adding a site to an alleged directory (from a reputable list) and since the list was created, the site was loaded with spyware. It was the hijack the browser style, and I worked at it for hours.



And hours.



I finally got a browser window to open, which is somewhat helpful to the cause of finding oneself on the internet.



After several hours of bitter struggle, and some drastic changes in the settings of my old Windows 98 operating system, I got back in the game.



I really do need to upgrade my operating system to Windows XP, but perhaps more importantly, I have a serious necessity to get more memory, RAM, system gigs and gaggles, and everything else.



At least I'm a patient guy, and didn't put a hammer through the monitor or pound the tower into a pulp of plastic for the landfill.



In any case, you don't miss the internet, until you can't log on.

Archives